Categories: World

Teen Killed Family Over Phone Dispute, Spent Days With Dead Body

A 16-year-old Brazilian boy, enraged after having his cell phone confiscated, fatally shot his parents and sister in their Sao Paulo home, police reported on Wednesday.

The triple homicide occurred on Friday, but it only came to public attention on Monday when the boy called the police and confessed, according to a statement from the local security ministry.

Roberto Afonso, the lead investigator, explained that the adopted teenager became “extremely frustrated” after an argument led to his parents taking his phone away.

In a detailed confession, the boy revealed that he took his father’s service gun—a municipal policeman—and shot him in the back. He then went upstairs and shot his 16-year-old sister in the face. Hours later, when his mother returned home, he used the same weapon to kill her, police reported.

The father was 57 years old and the mother was 50, authorities noted.

“We need to determine whether this frustration was linked to a psychological disturbance,” Afonso told Brazilian TV network Record.

The police are also investigating whether there was any outside involvement, including whether the boy had spoken to anyone on the phone prior to the killings, Afonso added.

The teenager stayed in the house with the bodies from Friday until early Monday, when he was arrested. During that period, he visited the gym and bought items from a bakery. Still harboring anger on Saturday, he stabbed his mother’s body with a knife, Afonso said.

The boy, now in a juvenile detention center, exhibited a “cold” demeanor when discussing the crimes, Afonso reported.

In Brazil, minors are protected by specific legislation and cannot be tried as adults.

 

Swastika Sruti

Recent Posts

GK Question: How Many Bills Passed In The Budget Session 2025 By Both Houses Of Parliament?

Spanning from January 31 to April 4, the session was split into two parts, allowing…

4 minutes ago

‘Great Job Numbers, Far Better Than Expected’: Donald Trump Boasts Amid Tariff Talks

U.S. President Donald Trump has doubled down on his protectionist economic stance, declaring that tariffs…

38 minutes ago

Trump Government Mistakenly Sends Emails To Ukrainians In US To Leave In 7 Days

A DHS spokesperson clarified on Friday that the email had been sent in error and…

2 hours ago

Zelenskyy Confirms 21 Dead, Including 6 Children, in Russian Strikes on Kryvyi Rih and Kharkiv

Ukrainian President confirmed that 21 people, including six children, were killed in recent Russian attacks…

3 hours ago

US Judge Orders Trump Administration To Return Man Wrongly Deported to El Salvador Mega-Prison

US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) said in a recent court filing that deporting Mr…

3 hours ago

6.9 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Papua New Guinea, Tsunami Warning Issued

Papua New Guinea lies within the volatile Pacific Ring of Fire, a seismic zone known…

3 hours ago